Choosing the right place to start your career can mean the difference between just being a qualified dive professional and being an employed dive professional. Our combination of International Course Director and experienced IDC Staff will ensure that you have personalized attention and the most up to date knowledge and resources available. Throughout your period of training, our staff will provide you with all the support that you need to fulfill all your goals. We have many contacts with dive operators in Asia and with our job placement service we can help you to get you started on the right track.
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals. You earn a PADI Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two parts – the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Most dive professionals complete the entire IDC and go on to attend an Instructor Examination (IE), which is the final step to earn a PADI Instructor certification. However if you have already completed the Assistant Instructor course or you are an Instructor from a different organization, you can do the OWSI as a stand-alone course.
Our OWSI program is conducted over 7 days to give you more opportunity to process the information and feel comfortable in your diving skills. It introduces you to the entire PADI System of diver education and concentrates on further developing your abilities as a professional dive educator.
We are so confident of the quality of our training and 100% pass rate for the Instructor Exam that if for some reason you should not pass the Instructor Exam after our IDC, we will provide a second IDC for free.
The Scuba Gear You Use
- All standard diving gear is included in the price though we recommend you purchase mask, fins, snorkel and dive computer as a minimum
- It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills and you will also find it easier to gain employment. As we are ScubaPro and Saekodive dealers, we can give you great discounts on dive equipment
To qualify for training as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor you must:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization (contact us for qualifying credentials)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the IDC. You need 100 logged dives to take the IE
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement
- Be fit for diving and submit a medical form signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Emergency First Response Instructor Training. Prior to gaining teaching status as a PADI Instructor you must become certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor. This training takes 2 days and is run prior to your Instructor Exam.
- Independent Learning Prerequisites: Prior to the start of the OWSI Course, candidates are required to have completed all 16 Knowledge Reviews in the Instructor Candidate Workbook.
If you do not have the pre-requisites, contact us here for internship options
It’s about life transformations—both yours and those around you. The fun part of instructor training is interacting with course participants and IDC staff while creating friendships that continue long after the course concludes. You’ll begin networking with other professionals and begin to explore PADI Pro Diving Jobs worldwide. You’ll also have the opportunity to continue your professional education by participating in Specialty Instructor courses which train you to teach specialties after instructor certification.x